Monday, July 4, 2016

Wee Folk Tags

For this swap we could use any kind of wee folk and I chose gnomes.  I used something close to the size of a  #8 shipping tag. I drew with a black Sharpie pen and colored with Tim Holtz distress watercolor markers and I also used his water brushes for the first time. They worked good. Only disappointment when I opened the detail water brush to find it had been smashed, but it doesn't leak too bad, I bought it at a convention so no way to return/exchange it.

Friday, July 1, 2016

Paint/Draw Like a Woman ATC's

For this swap the challenge was to create an ATC in the style of a woman artist. The artist had to be selected from a given list found on Wikipedia. The artist had to be someone you had never herd of before - what a challenge !
I chose Sara Rahbar, an Iranian-American contemporary mixed media artist.  I liked her Flag Series, which is a basically a fabric collage, I liked all  combinations of color and fabrics, and patterns.

The second artist I chose was Rita Angus, a New Zealand painter.  I really liked the geometric simplification in her landscapes.

The third artist I chose was Norma C. Bull, and Australian painter.   The thing that appealed to me about her work were her beach scenes - a personal favorite.

Monday, June 27, 2016

It Swims in the Sea

We had to depict something that swam in the sea, so I chose sea slugs because they are rather fascinating.  So many different colors and shapes! I used Tim Holtz distress watercolors markers.

Friday, June 24, 2016

Cupcake ATC's

One of my favorite themes! Using Tim Holtz distress watercolor markers.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Exquisite Corpse ATC's

This is a super fun swap!  Take three ATC's and turn them horizontal, tape them together on the back and draw a character that goes across all three cards.  General guidelines - head and top of shoulders in the top card, torso, top of hips, and arms in the second card, and legs and feet in the third card.  When these cards are swapped we get three different cards back to create some crazy combinations. I did two characters so that I would have more options.  I used Tim Holtz Distress watercolor markers.
Dr. Who (chibi style)
Merida (chibi style)

Friday, June 17, 2016

Colorful Froggies

Hand drawn frogs, colored with Tim Holtz watercolor distress markers.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Hats Off ATC's

Collage style - patterned papers, vintage and photo images, die cuts, washi tape, and cardstock letters.