Wednesday, March 23, 2011

mermaid chunky book

back of page                     front of page

This was a black chipboard chunky book page swap I did with one of my yahoo swap groups. The theme was mermaids and I used the top half of a paper doll for my mermaid torso and then drew the tail and underwater scenery which I colored with copic markers. Patterned paper, fancy cut borders from K and Com., resin water drops and splashes, bling, beaded fringe, a manatee photo because in ancinet times sailors believed that manatees were mermaids; I added an origami fish I folded, and finished it off with lots of seaweed colored fibers.

1 comment:

  1. Just love your mermaid book!The green fiber on the edges looks like seaweed. Brillant. When I was little I wanted to grow up to be a mermaid. LOL. gerri

    ReplyDelete