Thursday, July 18, 2013

Artist Inspired Doll 3

Inspired by Megan Noel
This was a mixed media piece with a minimum requirement of 3 different media. It also had to emulate the style of a specific artist - Megan Noel.  I started by drawing a face using a Sharpie pen. Next I used black and white patterned washi tape for the hair and and red and white patterned washi tape for the body. I added a square of black and white fabric tape to the bottom left, then took black paint and added some leaves, and other black line designs around it.  I also painted more black line designs over the hair to soften the washi designs and get more control over the direction of my hair pattern.  We were also required to add embellishments so I created a leaf from black 24 ga. wire to repeat the leaf design the artist uses in many of her works.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment