Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Day of the Dead Tag

This was for a group swap, Day of the Dead tag book. Everyone was to make 11 tags with the Day of the Dead theme.
I drew several different scull shapes using different designs for each and colored them in with sharpie markers, each of my 11 with different color variations.  I mounted each skull on colored card stock to create more contrast and strength so that I could pop dot them on the back to chunk up the look of my tag.  I found picado papel (cut tissue paper banners) images and put them across the top of the tag with foam tape on the back and added a felt flower with bling to the top corner.
I covered my tags with all sorts of bright and colorful patterned paper.  For the back of my tag I had a black and white Katrina clip art image which I colored with colored pencils, using different color combinations for each of my 11 tags.  I added 2-3 strips of washi tape down the side so complement the colors of the paper and Katrina.  I finished off the bottom of my tags with lots of colorful fibers in an array of different textures.

No comments:

Post a Comment