Friday, July 1, 2016

Paint/Draw Like a Woman ATC's

For this swap the challenge was to create an ATC in the style of a woman artist. The artist had to be selected from a given list found on Wikipedia. The artist had to be someone you had never herd of before - what a challenge !
I chose Sara Rahbar, an Iranian-American contemporary mixed media artist.  I liked her Flag Series, which is a basically a fabric collage, I liked all  combinations of color and fabrics, and patterns.

The second artist I chose was Rita Angus, a New Zealand painter.  I really liked the geometric simplification in her landscapes.

The third artist I chose was Norma C. Bull, and Australian painter.   The thing that appealed to me about her work were her beach scenes - a personal favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment