Thursday, August 11, 2016

Hand Carved Stamp - Printmaking Class

We were asked to create a hand carved stamp and then come up with a finished project.  I had seen some examples of  the 1/4 square done and thought it might be a good project that I could translate over to my junior high printmaking class.
Here is my first attempt, using one color and getting the rotation down.
 Here I decided tow try 2 colors in an alternating pattern.
 Next I tried doing random blocks of color, no pattern.
 Random blocks of color on patterned scrapbook paper.
 Two color pattern on scrapbook paper.
Conclusion -  I like the white paper best for using multiple ink colors.  If I were to use scrapbook papers with my students I would probably have then use black ink or a highly contrasting color depending on the paper they chose.

No comments:

Post a Comment