Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Collograph - Big Flowers

 I created three large flowers using self adhesive foam on a corrugated cardboard base.  Each flower was about 9"x 12".  I decided to use a different color ink for each flower and stamped them randomly onto two sheet of 18"x 24" paper.
For this one I added some smaller flowers using purchased flower foam stamps that I already had. 
I prefer the first one over the one with the smaller stamps added, it seems like a stronger design to me as I look at it now.
Coming back to this post to add that I did do this project with my junior high students, I had then each create one large flower and then they could share between themselves for variety.  Their flowers were 6"x 9" and I had them stamp on two sheets of 12"x 18". The small foam stamps that I had were also available to them if they so chose.  Here is the link to the Artsonia gallery if you would like to see how they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment