Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mannequin Swap

For this swap we were asked to create a mannequin that reflected who we are and what our interests are.
Front                          Back
Front - I really like retro and vintage images so I stitched on several pictures of women from my photo collections.  I added some flower buttons across the middle because I collect buttons and have all kinds of flowers - paper, stamps, stickers.  Around the neck I used glass beads because I love beading and I collect snowmen and I have quite a few snowflake stamps, so my beads are snowflakes and snowmen.  I added a metal key charm, yes I have collected antique keys and key stamps.

Back - On the back I have some butterfly buttons to hint at my collection of butterfly stamps.  Then more buttons and flowers made out of paper to hit an my enormous paper collection.  Then another retro image - a travel poster this time.  I added a metal hand charm to show my passion for creating things by hand.  I used felt as my fabric to hint at my fabric obsession.

Across the bottom is a sequined fringe, gotta love dangly stuff, I add beaded fringe or fibers or ribbon to a lot of projects and decided on the spangled fringe to show that interest. 
At the top I used a wire hanger - yes I like wire too.

No comments:

Post a Comment