Friday, May 1, 2015

B is for Believe

One of our first grade teachers at school is retiring this year and everyone was given the opportunity to do something special that would follow along with the first graders who for the last 26 days of school have something special for every letter of the alphabet.  I picked the letter B because I love making banners and then I went ahead and chose a "b" word for my banner also.
 Wasn't sure what colors she liked to I just had fun picked from some of the gorgeous patterned papers that I had.  Turns out she really loved the color palette that I chose for her.
 I used chipboard, scrapbook papers, washi tape, and stickers.
 Each letter was hand drawn using Sharpie marker on a circle of cream colored card stock.  That circle was layered onto patterned paper and scalloped around the edge.  The scalloped shape was applied to another piece of patterned paper which I cut in a square shape and placed on each banner piece.
Ribbon was used to tie each banner piece together and for hanging at the ends.  I found 2 large layered flower stickers for the end pieces of the banner.  Additional layered flower and butterfly stickers were used to accent each banner piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment